Monday March 7th - We had a short drive from Oak Alley RV Resort in Webster to Fort Wilderness - only 54 miles.

We pulled away from Oak Alley RV Resort at 9:20.

There are pretty live oak trees in the village of Webster!

Our route took us east on SR50, south on CR33 then east on CR454

We turned from SR27 onto SR192 at 10:15.

We followed a couple of back roads to Western Way.

Soon a magical gateway came into view!

Along the way we had received a text, our site was ready - #706

We stopped to unhook the tow car.

At 11:05 we parked in our home for the next four days.

We stopped for a short lunch break and by 1:30 we were all set up.

It was a hot afternoon so we rested for a few hours then went to the dog park.

Jasper chased the ball; Jake said, 'Meh!'

Is he a dog or a kangaroo?

Both of them wore out quickly.  It must have been the heat.

At 5:30 we headed to the marina and caught a boat to the Magic Kingdom.

There was rain in the forecast and ominous clouds were rolling in.

We stopped at Cosmic Ray's Starlight Café.

Sonny Eclipse crooned some intergalactic oldies while we ate dinner.

The we took a spin with Buzz Lightyear.

Carol jumped out to an early lead but today it was my turn to win!

It was sprinkling when we left Buzz Lightyear and made our way to The Hub to wait for the 8:00 p.m. fireworks.  We found a good place to sit and wait, but the rain fell harder and harder while we waited.


We were pretty much drenched by 7:40 when we decided to leave.  The skies opened up as we walked past Casey's Corner and struggled through the crowd on Main Street.  We detoured through The Emporium where the crowds were even worse.  By the time we got to the train station there were ankle-deep puddles.  We couldn't have been wetter if we'd jumped in the pool!


The boat was just unloading as we arrived at the dock so before long we were aboard and on our way home . . . soaked to the skin!


As we approached the Fort Wilderness Marina Carol snapped a picture of the spooky stormy sky outside the window of our boat.


The dogs were frightened by the thunder and lightning and they were both thrilled to see us.  Carol threw our clothes in the dryer and we spent the rest of the night watching TV.

Tuesday March 8th - A morning at EPCOT with our friend Curtis, then a relaxing afternoon at home (for me - Carol did some laundry) and dinner at Olive Garden.

We arrived at EPCOT at about 9:15 a.m.

We love the topiaries on display during the Flower & Garden Festival.

Curtis met us near Spaceship Earth and we began wandering the world.

Bambi's Butterfly House was awesome!

We took a ride through the greenhouses at Living With The Land.

They're making a new 'Mickey Head' topiary.

The lettuce they are picking will be served in the restaurant upstairs.

Live plants can be used in so many creative ways!

Carol spotted some baby ducks.

They were all cute and fluffy like this one!

Carol picked up a snack from The Honey Bee-stro.

At about 12:45 we said goodbye to Curtis and headed home to the dogs.

Late in the afternoon Jasper met a weimaraner at the dog park.

It was very hot our, but they ran until they couldn't run any more!

We were about to leave for the Magic Kingdom to have dinner at Tony's Town Square Restaurant when the sky opened up and it poured.  Carol got busy on her computer and rebooked us for tomorrow night.  We went to Olive Garden and had a very nice dinner.

A pretty rainbow lit the sky as we drove to Olive Garden.


As we drove back into the campground Carol said, 'Oh, look, there's a horse.'


Turned out that it was just a very large woman.  Sorry lady!

Wednesday March 9th - We enjoyed a quiet morning before heading to Disney Springs to meet friends for lunch.  Tonight the fireworks were not rained out!

We haven't seen Al & Jane in over two years.  Great to catch up!

Carol is thrilled with her new Orange Bird garden flag.

We ate at the 'Food Truck Round-Up' at Fort Wilderness.

Nice to know that App's doesn't charge extra for the fat!

The chicken quesadillas were great!

After we ate the cruiser was waiting to take us to the Magic Kingdom.

We saw Disney's Enchantment fireworks for the first time.

Thursday March 10th -  EPCOT in the morning, Hollywood Studios in the evening.

This was our last day to enjoy the Flower & Garden Festival.

These ladies are opening every Purple Martin nest to monitor the birds.

Today they found the first eggs of the season, three eggs all in the same nest.

We rode the Ratatouille ride in Florida for the first time.

It's exactly the same as Disneyland Paris.

The topiaries are always wonderful!

The first deer we have spotted this trip.

Ducks swimming with the Muppet rats!

After dinner at Mama Melrose's and a ride on the Runaway Railway

we met friends Wanda and Graeme from home.

Friday March 11th
We were on the road at about 10:00 a.m.  Our slow trek home began with a short drive to Bulow RV Resort near Flagler Beach FL. It was only 90 miles